1/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large grated carrot
1 small granny smith apple, unpeeled, grated
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup pitted prunes, finely chopped
1/3 cup walnuts,chopped
1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup quick cooking oats
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners or coat with cooking spray.
2. Combine the sugar, eggs, oil, apple, raisins, prunes, and walnuts in a medium bowl.
3. Whisk together the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a large bowl.
4. Stir in the carrot mixture just until blended. Divide the batter among the muffin cups.
5. Bake for 20 mins, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool for 5 mins in the pan on a rack before removing.