Orange mango chicken is a great addition any meal. Low fat, Low sodium, Omega 3 fatty acids a nice refreshing main course made in 30 minutes. I was Feeling rather inventive when I decided to concoct this recipe. I love the fruity taste blending with the oriental flavor. The almonds and cilantro makes me think I'm a gourmet cook! Serve with a nice garden salad, it's sure to please.
1 Cup fresh or frozen mango cubed
1 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
1 teaspoon ginger
6 cloves garlic minced
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon sliced almonds
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
1. Place chicken breasts on baking sheet in Preheated oven to 400 degrees F for 15 minutes
2. Combine orange juice, mango, sesame seed oil ginger and garlic in blender and puree until blended thoroughly.
3. Put puree into saucepan and heat on medium heat until boiling then stir constantly. Reduce mixture until thickened, usually after 5 minutes of boiling. Then remove from heat, set aside
4. After 15 minutes remove chicken from oven and drizzle half of mixture evenly over chicken breasts and continue cooking chicken for another 15 minutes.
5. After additional 15 minutes remove chicken from oven and drizzle remaining mixture over chicken
6. Garnish with almonds (or nut of choice) and Fresh cilantro
Return from Orange Mango Chicken to Cardiac Diet recipes
Return from Orange Mango Chicken to Heart Disease and Prevention home page